Used and Surplus Air Compressors
JM industrial buys and sells used air compressors and compressed air dryers. If you are currently interested in purchasing used air compressors, browse the list below that we currently have in stock. If you want to sell used air compressor, please contact us. Our large inventory has included used industrial air compressors from manufacturers such as Atlas Copco, Kaeser Compressors, Ingersoll-Rand, Clyde Pneumatics and more. Air compressors are devices that convert power into potential energy, which in turn is used to power various types of equipment. These devices use an engine or a motor to pump air into a tank, which is also referred to as a holding tank. This air is then used to power devices. Also, it can be stored or released into an environment with less or equal PSI capacity than the capacity of the tank. These used commercial air compressors can meet the requirements of many manufacturing applications. If you have any questions, please contact us.
Don’t See What You’re looking for?
Can’t find the equipment, or are you not quite sure what you need? Call us at 304-273-0795
Types of Air Compressors
Types of Used Industrial Air Compressors
Whether new or used air compressors, they are classified into different types based on the following categorization:
- Level of Pressure Delivered: Air compressors are distinguished into three types based on the amount of pressure delivered. These include the following:
- High pressure air compressors (HPACs): These air compressors possess a discharge pressure of 1,000 psi or above.
- Medium pressure air compressors (MPACs): They offer a discharge pressure of 151 PSI to 1,000 PSI.
- Low pressure air compressors (LPACs): The air compressors of this type are ideal for pressure applications requiring air pressure of 150 PSI or less.
- Method of Air Compression: There are several methods of air compression. Most air compressors following these types of compression:
- Positive Displacement: These compressors force air in a low volume chamber. As the maximum pressure is achieved, a valve or port is opened and the air is discharged to the outlet. This discharge is made through the compression chamber. Positive displacement compressors are further distinguished into the following types:
- Piston Type Compressors: These compressors feature pistons increasing the pressure as well as reducing the air volume. Piston type compressors are also known as reciprocating compressors. They may follow two types of compression cycles: single-stage and two-stage. A single-stage piston is known so because it compresses the air in one stroke. A two-stage piston compresses the air in two phases. The first piston compresses air and moves it into a small cylinder, where it is compressed by another piston. This generates high pressures.
- Vane Compressors: These compressors use a slotted rotor with a blade displacement, which in turn guides air into the chamber. The air is compressed in the chamber. Vane compressors deliver a fixed volume of air at elevated temperatures.
- Rotary Screw Type Compressors: They utilize two helical screws that drive air into the chamber, where compression occurs at the turn of the screw.
- Dynamic Displacement: These compressors feature a rotating component which imparts kinetic energy to the air. This air is converted into pressure energy. The following are a few important types of dynamic displacement compressors.
- Axial Compressors: These compressors make use of rotating blades to compress the gas. The gas flows parallel to the rotation axis. These compressors achieve the highest volumes of air ranging from 8000 to 13 million CFM.
- Centrifugal Compressors: These compressors utilize rotating impellers for producing high-pressure discharge. They rotate at high speeds in comparison to other types.
Applications of Used Air Compressors
We regularly provide used industrial-grade air compressors in various pressure ranges, which meet the needs of several critical high-pressure applications. This equipment is being delivered to the following workplaces:
- Automotive service bays
- Auto body shops
- Manufacturing facilities
- Medical facilities
- Granite fabrication
- Pharmaceutical labs
Benefits of Choosing Used Commercial Air Compressors
All used air compressors for sale listed on this website offer you the best value for investment. They are widely chosen for the following benefits they offer:
- Fast Turnaround: All the products displayed here are available in our stock. So we assure the fastest turnaround times in the industry.
- Help Reduce Carbon Footprint: Building new equipment is an energy-intensive process. So, when you are buying new equipment, you would be adding to your carbon footprint, whereas used air compressors allow you minimize it.
- Reduced Prices: Used air compressors are available at fractional prices than new ones.
- Quality Used and Surplus Equipment Stocked: All used air compressors for sale on our website are being rebuilt to their original specifications. They are fitted with quality parts, and tested to check their working condition. This helps us assure our customers the best value for their investments.
Why Choose JM Industrial?
At JM Industrial, we prioritize customer requirements over anything else. This has enabled us to build a long list of happy and satisfied as well as repeat customers all these years. Here are a few reasons why you can trust us:
- Available in Various Pressure Ranges: At JM Industrial, we provide used air compressors in different pressure ranges such as 25 HP, 30 HP, 40 HP, and 50 HP.
- Best Prices Guaranteed: At JM Industrial, we understand that most customers may consider these used air compressors as a second investment. This is why we offer them the most competitive prices. All the products on display here are backed with a best price guarantee.
- Branded Equipment and Accessories: We stock used industrial equipment and accessories only from industry-leading brands. This enables our customers to take competitive advantage of products at low prices.
- Expert Advice Guaranteed: Technical support is one of the most important features of our service. All customer queries and technical support are handled by experts who have spent a long time in the industry.
Do you wish to sell surplus air compressors or buy used air compressors from the list of used air compressors for sale? We can help you better. Contact us today!