Used and Surplus Valves
JM industrial buys and sells used and unused valves, such as rotary, knife gate, butterfly, diverter, spherical, liquid process valves & actuators. Our large inventory has included valves from manufactures such as Posi-Flate, Bray, Deltech, Protech, Delval, Keystone, Ebro, Delta T Products, Valvetech and more. If you are currently interested in purchasing used and surplus valves, click on a picture below to see a complete list of that respective type of valves that we currently have in stock. Valves are important devices designed to control the flow of air or fluid through a pipe. These valves support movement only in one direction. Their designs and purpose make them an ideal choice for many industrial applications. Choosing the right valve is important to ensure the performance of your devices. At JM Industrial, we provide a huge selection of used and surplus valves, which have been proven for their performance. If you have any questions, please contact us.
Types of Valves
Types of Used and Surplus Valves Offered at JM Industrial
At JM Industrial, we are aware of the needs of our customers, which is why we stock a wide range of used and surplus valves. The following are a few popular valves available in our selection.
- Actuators: They are components, which help ensures movement and control of a valve. These devices are used to control the flow of liquids or gases. Our selection features several surplus actuators from brands Jamesbury, Posi-Flate, Laurence, and Flowserve.
- Butterfly Valves: These valves are designed to regulate or isolate the fluid flow. The valve is closed using a disc, which is placed at the center of the pipe. There is an actuator located on the outer side of the valve. A rod passing through the disc connects it to the actuator. When this actuator is rotated, the disc is turned perpendicular or parallel to the flow.
- Diverter Valves: These valves are used to direct bulk solids to different directions in a pneumatic conveying system. They are often directed as a part of a dense or dilute phase pneumatic conveying system. The diverter valves displayed here help to convey material from a single source to multiple sources or vice versa.
- Knife Gate Valves: Our selection comprises several surplus and used knife gate valves, which are designed for isolation services and on-off activities in applications where suspended solids are being dealt with. These valves are used for handling various types of viscous, slurry, abrasive and corrosive media.
- Liquid Process Valves: These valves are used for controlling the flow of various types of liquids and slurries in an enclosure or pipe. The liquid process valves receives a signal from a controller. This controller helps direct the liquid flow rates, and keeps process variables such as temperature, fluid level, and pressure under check.
- Rotary Valves: This valve features a transverse plug with passages. The passages in the transverse plugs are rotated to regulate the flow of fluids, gases, or liquids through the pipes attached to it. Rotary valves are used to meter and handle the flow of powder or granular bulk.
- Spherical Valves: Often these valves are installed as shut-off valves for high-pressure applications. These valves are installed at the end of the penstock in the turbine. This penstock is often placed at the beginning of the turbine. In short, spherical valves are used for high-pressure pump and turbine inlet valves.
Why Choose Surplus and Used Valves for Your Application
There is a common misconception that only new valves can work efficiently. However, that is not true. There are several benefits of choosing surplus and used valves for your application.
- Surplus valves are often the valves, which are rarely used and have been sold by the user to sell off the stock. These valves are often available at one fourth price than the original. This means, you get to use the new valve at much low prices.
- Used valves sold on this website have been checked for their performance before listing them on the website. So, you can be assured of their quality.
- All used and surplus valves listed here are available for immediate shipping, so the wait times are drastically reduced.
- By investing in used or surplus valves, you are minimizing your carbon footprint and contributing to the environment. This is because no energy was wasted additionally to make these equipment.
- Good quality used and surplus valve will not only help you save on the investment but also to build a collection of ready-to-use equipment which are easily available when the original equipment fails.
- These devices enable you to minimize downtimes and save on efforts required to converse with the brands or new teams selling these products.
Tips to Choose Used and Surplus Valves for Your Application
We provide one of the broadest selections of surplus and used valves for your consideration. This may make the selection difficult. The following tips will help ease your selection process.
- Check if the valve will be used for throttling or start-stop operations.
- If you have an answer to this question, next address water hammer, which a sudden increase in pressure or momentum change, which is caused when the fluid in movement suddenly reverses its direction. This water hammer may damage the valve and its components. Thus, to avoid this, it is always better to choose a design that minimizes the impact of water hammer on components, and reduces the risk of failure.
- Check on the type of media that will be circulated in the system. Is the media corrosive, food product, medical fluid, or chemically neutral? The answer to this question will help you decide if the valve requires any special considerations.
- Check if you need a manually operated or an automated valve. The automated valve requires minimal intervention and manual valve may require regular intervention.
- Finally, address the type of installation or assembly needed. You need to check if the valve needs to be bolted, screwed, or welded.
At JM Industrial, we buy, sell, and broker quality surplus valves and other used industrial equipment for the plastics, chemical, and mineral processing industries. Feel free to contact us today to seek assistance to buy or sell used valves.